Fodelianakis olijfolie                 
Kokkinochorafa
It's October already, and for the first time in days the sun finally has won the battle from the clouds, the last one got scared and went of to Italy.
After a strong coffee my body starts to wake up, to much ouzo and wine yesterday made it lazy.
So for the first time i am trying to write my daily story in english, why?
There are greek, french and other people who are interested in the story behind the pictures i post on facebook.
So whats up today?
Its gonna be a daily routine, after a strong coffee and tea, some paksimadia, the dry biscuits or old baguette, as the french say, we will walk down to the supermarket of mister George Kapsanis, the word supermarket is to big for the nice little shop near the coast.
You can find anything in the shop but we only go their for the supplies we need for breakfast.[Afbeelding: EC503FE9-8E81-4B68-B6E8-B7B31D67E4C6.jpg]
Mister Kapsanis as also his son and most of the other kythirians who live on the island are the friendliest you can find on this planet.
He speaks most of the languages to serve his costumers, dutch, french, English and for the last years also Danish, after the invasion of the troll people started.
After that walk we start our breakfast, olive oil bread, boiled eggs and again some coffee.
So its nearly 9.00 the baker from karavas should have been their to deliver his bread.
Not many people know of the existence of the olive bread, so i have to order it everyday.
We will eat half of it, put the other half in the fridge an in the afternoon take it out, let the sun warm it and eat it along with some ouzo..........I can't wait until the hours have past.
So the bottom of my cup of coffee in nearly visible, i have to put on some clothes and shoes.
We will be on the way to the village of Aghia Pelaghia, i will be back later on.
[Afbeelding: BE8F80E0-A71C-4338-BAEE-AAD9A94C57C6.jpg]
The road we walk almost four times a day goes down very strong, when it's wet you just have to sit on you're bottom and you go down automatically.
The way up, a specially in the late hours is difficult, to blame is the wine and the ouzo.
Today my stop is at the end, my girlfriend goes left, ik go strait on into the beautiful warm and calm sea, finally after 4 days of strong wind.
Dried up and went back to the apartment.
Yesterday i heard some dutch friends talking about a place called Kokkinochorafa, they ask me if i have been there.
We have been 17 times on the paradise place on earth but i have never heard of such place on the island, they told me there was an article in the newspaper called kythirian summer edition 2014, a story written by another dutch couple who went there several times.
So i went to the office of mister van Weerde from Pyrgos House in Potamos, who does also several guided walks, to get a copy of this newspaper.
In the story de dutch tells us about an old settlement near paliopoli, the beautiful beach in the south, however there is now further description how to get there.
So by email i asked Frank again and he only could tell me that the word kokkoni chorafa means red earth and that it should be a place near the restaurant Scandia.
Another possibility is the internet, however there was also no information, so i asked the question on facebook and among the finest friends i have on facebook came the answear from Fivos Tsaravopoulos, a very friendly member of the kythira hiking group,
A society who does great work along the island by clearing old tracks and discovering new "old" old paths, i am sorry Fivos, and also on other parts of greece.
He told told me exactly where to find this place.
walk?
No you can easy go there by car!
Fivos! We walk first of all thats nicer and secondly its better for the condition of the body who is getting older and older.
So after we got the description on google maps i send an email to the walking office in Potamos and asked him print it for me.
So i am ready, sorry we are.
On the we to the south we have to stop near the church to pick up the printed description.
As friendly as ever Frank starts to talk, let me know if the trip is interesting, and of course pictures!.
"You we will get an complete report at the end off the day!"
Heading to the airport, taking the first turn to the right then before mitata is goes left again further down south.
A the end you can go right or left, we go left in the direction of Avlenomas.
Finally we put our little Q10 at the right of the road near the beach.
Put on my backpack, set on my gps device and up we go.
The asphalt road back in the direction of the restaurant Scandia.
After a house with ropes as a fencing we turn right, a beautiful path is in front of us.
The sun shines very nice as we walk along, after a few turn we finally reach the old village.
A the dutch is right, some idiot has build a house in the middle of the old settlement.
In the center of the old city is standing a new house.
Let's say we build a snack bar in the old city of Kato Chora.
The greek have a word for someone like that, its start with the letter a and ends with an a.
He also has put a big generator in one of the old house, so probably after a day the old building will collapse.
The place it self is nice, imagine people lived here in the past, a beautiful spot!
After an hour of looking around the place we went back in an other direction.
Got to the restaurant, drunk a few beers and took some kalamaris.
Then to the beach for a rest and a swim and know finally the story of today ends!

[Afbeelding: 1D7DE6F0-91AB-4DF1-B1C2-4A9C4156F9C6.jpg]
@Japio. Gefascineerd lees ik je verhalen. Ga door, in welke taal dan ook.
Maar "Their" moet "there" zijn.
Thanks!
Again some very nice stories! Love to read them! Hope you'll celebrate the last days with lots of sunshine! Stay careful!

Ga naar forum:

Gebruikers die deze discussie lezen: 1 gast(en)